Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My NFL picks

This weekend's picks for the AFC and NFC conference championship games.

AFC: Pittsburgh 24-Baltimore 13. The Steelers won the first matchup between these two, and I think the Steelers can do it again. They are playing hands down some of the best defensive football any team is playing right now, and the offense is putting up points when they need to. By the way, holding San Diego to ONE offensive play in the third quarter last week was incredible. Baltimore will make it a game early, but Ravens QB Joe Flacco will make a rookie mistake (for the first time this post season. Boy that kid is good.) and Pittsburgh will capitalize.

NFC: Philadelphia 27-Arizona 24 (OT). The Cardinals played tough D last week, but I can't see Donovan McNabb throwing five interceptions. The pass-happy Eagles will move the ball on the Cardinals just well enough to keep the Cardinals at bay, but Arizona will go punch for punch with Philly until the Eagles win the coin flip going into overtime. The Eagles win by a field goal to eek into the Super Bowl.

An all Penn Super Bowl ... I think the state will implode. At least I would get one of my preseason picks into the Super Bowl (the Steelers, that is. Dallas was my pick. Who would have guessed they would have been that awful this season.)

No comments: